Registration is now open!
CLASSES BEGIN MONDAY, AUGUST 22nd, 2016.
ALABAMA BALLET SCHOOL ROYAL ACADEMY OF DANCE
The Alabama Ballet School provides the highest quality training to aspiring artists of all ages that is developmentally appropriate both physically and artistically. The Alabama Ballet School’s instruction is based on the syllabus provided by the Royal Academy of Dance in London which takes into consideration the particular level of development of each child within that level. The RAD is an international teaching organization committed to establishing standards of excellence in ballet instruction. The faculty of the Alabama Ballet School is required to attend a workshop for the Royal Academy of Dance syllabus. This provides the students with training that is both consistent and unified. Examinations are administered to students at the end of each school year. The Alabama Ballet School strives to serve members of the community who choose to dance as an extra-curricular activity for fun and build healthy bodies as well as those who aspire to a career in dance. For more information about the Royal Academy of Dance, visit the RAD website.
Class Schedule & Payment Options
Registration & Orientation
Registration is open for the 2016-2017 school year. The registration fee for the program is $30 per family per school year; and is non-refundable. Registration can be done by mail, by phone, or by fax.
Students will be placed in a level appropriate for both their age and level of physical and/or technical development. Our instructors are trained professionals who wish to provide age appropriate dance training for all of our young artists. Placement within a level is subject to change solely at the discretion of the artistic director.
Students of the Alabama Ballet School will present Report-of-Progress performances at the end of each year, instead of the common year-end recital. These reports are hour-long presentations for each level, and are open to parents, family, and guests at our dance studios. They will show a cross-section of class to illustrate the work that has been done throughout the year. Advanced level students will give an in-house class performance at the end of the school year. Students are encouraged to audition for community cast roles in George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker and other local productions of the Ballet, Opera or local theaters.
Payment & Registration Highlights
Registration and payment must be complete prior to beginning classes.
Classes are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Students registered at the Alabama Ballet Royal Academy of Dance are registered for the entire session and are responsible for payments throughout the end of the school year, unless written notification is received the month prior to withdrawal.
Tuition is non-refundable beyond the first day of class, except in the case of serious illness or injury, verified by a doctor’s written confirmation.
Classes do have maximums to insure quality instruction.
Be sure to register early.
Scholarships/Financial Aid Forms must be in by September 1st for the 2016-2017 school year.
Located at 2726 1st Avenue South, just minutes from downtown Birmingham near Dr. Pepper Place and Sloss Furnaces, ABCD is the new home of the Alabama Ballet. The Center houses six bright, spacious studios with sprung floors. The large main studio includes seating space that will be used for in-house performances. All Alabama Ballet School classes will be held at this state-of-the-art center. The Center offers ample parking in a well-lit, gated lot. Students will be immersed in a professional atmosphere and will benefit from their affiliation with the Alabama Ballet. Students of the Alabama Ballet School will have the unique opportunity to observe company rehearsals, and on occasion, learn children’s parts from the company repertoire.
For more information call Libba Owen at 322-1874 or email@example.com
LADIES – LEOTARDS
• PreBallet/Tap through Grade III – Style Bloch CL 5405
• Grade IV – Style Capezio CC100
• Grade V through Intermediate – Style Mirella 207L
• Advanced Foundation – Style Mirella M201LD in grey with black elastic
• Advanced I and II – Style Mirella 207L
• PreBallet/Tap and PrePrimary – Pale pink leotard
• Primary – Pale blue leotard
• Grade I – Pale blue leotard with blue waist elastic
• Grade II – Lavender leotard with lavender waist elastic
• Grade III – Burgundy leotard with black waist elastic
• Grade IV – Hunter with black waist elastic
• Grade V – Garnet camisole with red waist elastic
• Intermediate Foundation – Navy camisole with black waist elastic
• Intermediate – Royal blue camisole with blue waist elastic
• Advanced Foundation – Style Mirella 207LD in grey with black waist elastic
• Advanced I & II – Black camisole with black waist elastic
• Adult – Leotard – no color requirement
LADIES – TIGHTS
• Pre-Primary through Primary, PreBallet/Tap- pink socks
• Grade I through Advanced II – pink tights
• Adult – no color requirements
LADIES – SHOES
• Pre-Primary through Primary, Pre-Ballet/Tap -pink satin shoe
• Grade I through V – pink technique full-sole ballet shoes and Capezio character shoes style 456 or 457C
• Grade Intermediate Foundation through Advanced II – slip-on tan jazz shoes
• Intermediate Foundation through Advanced II – pink pre-pointe and pointe shoes
• Tap – tap shoes
• Adult – pink or black technique shoes
• Jazz – slip-on tan jazz shoes preferred
Fitted white T-Shirt or leotards, black tights held in place by a belt rolled with the tights at the waist. Dance belt. Black technique ballet shoes.
Young boys in Pre-Primary,
Primary, Grade I and Grade II may wear black bike shorts in place of tightss.